httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@hotwired.com>
Subject Re: Voting Summary
Date Tue, 12 Dec 1995 22:43:47 GMT
In message <9512120850.aa05558@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>, Ben Laurie writes:
>I have been vaguely considering adding SSL to cvs - that'd be nice and
>secure, though we'd have the usual problem (not such a large problem as
>Apache-SSL, of course). Shouldn't be too hard to do - a couple of days work,
>perhaps?

While this would be cool, ssh works now.  It's a drop in replacement for
rsh, which CVS already knows how to use.  The developers would need to
install ssh at their end, and generate a private/public key pair for their
host and themself and send the public keys to brian to put into the
equivalent of the rhosts file.

It was developped in finland... and if you don't use IDEA as the encryption
algorithm (it provides others) I don't think there are any legal problems
with using it internationally.

Dean