httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on userdir
Date Wed, 22 Nov 1995 05:51:01 GMT

I would suggest useing a/*/b to c/d/& .  There is a small
bit of UNIX history here in the fact that in the old days you could
express a password entry like:

foo:xxx:100:100:Foo Bar:/home/&:/bin/csh

and in the sun automounter (and AMD?) where:

*	/export/home/&

Where "&" was replaced with the wildcard.