httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: fairy nuff
Date Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:07:42 GMT

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Ok.
> > What's the problem that is holding us up?
> > The system binaries are a complete shambles. We should give up on them:
>
> No, but I agree with you that they needn't hold up the release of the
> source.

I now grudgingly agree.

> > Thus I amend Rob's timetable as follows:
> > 1. Everyone stop building binaries now.
> > 2. We build a final source distribution (including manual) by tomorrow.
> >    (Preferably by end of today.)

The final source code is there, I don't think the BSDI problem is a
showstopper.  I have moved manual.tar.gz to /docs, and put manual.ps.gz
there as well for those who just want that, and linked to it from
docs/index.html, so let's just put a link to it from the README file.

> > 3. We allow three working days for the distribution to be propogated to
> >    mirror and archive (NCSA, sunsite) sites, and for the online documentation
> >    to be finalised.
> > 4. We announce the new release.
> >
> > We shall do it my way, unless someone else can convince me their way
> > is better.
>
> I second this.   +1

+1.

	Brian