httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Home Page Docs...
Date Sun, 19 Nov 1995 17:33:52 GMT
On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Andrew wrote:
> 	who changed the home page to mention the SSL stuff?  Perhaps
> my mail daemon is sleeping...

I added it in a fit of productivity last night - now that there are UK
and US sites to refer to.  The prominent position isn't permanent, of
course, it just seems like big news right now, and *lots* of people have
been sending mail to webmaster@apache.org asking where it was.

> On the question of tying other projects into the home pages, how about
> adding an extra link under the Apache Information section summarising
> (briefly) and pointing to the proper documentation for stuff like
> the SSL and OS2 ports?  The FreeBSD project has a nice way of dealing
> with this issue, take a look if you get the time:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/
>
> If this don't suck I'll fix up a page to demo.  Lemme know.

Do a mockup, sure, I'll not be able to touch it for another 12 hours or
so... and even now, working on a 2400 baud modem connected to a vt100 is
not exactly a machine to use to design home pages :)

> Ay 	(Oooh, that really *is* a link to Netscape on the Apache
> 	homepage eh?  Those guys must be mellowing out or something...)

As soon as SSL gets published as an RFC, of course, we'll point to its
IETF location :)

	Brian