httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Negociation doesn't handle ASIS content-type" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 1995 21:59:02 GMT
> Submitter:
> Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
> Extra Modules used: asis, imap
> URL exhibiting problem:
> Symptoms:
> --
> Suppose that you have a .html.asis document that
> sets the Status: 302 Document moved, a Location:
> and a Content-type: text/html.
> Apache considers that this document is of type
> httpd/send-as-is and refuses to send the data to
> a client that issued a request with Accept: text/html
> In my opinion, this bug limits strongly the use
> of asis module.

Make *sure* you have either

1) The following line in srm.conf

	AddType httpd/send-as-is        .asis

or 2) The following line in mime.types

	httpd/send-as-is        asis

Check out the docs at

I tried it out, and got the same bug problem as you, until I realized I
hadn't define that mime type yet, and then everything worked.

So, no bug!  :)  Thanks for the report though.

View raw message