httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Thoughts on userdir
Date Mon, 20 Nov 1995 00:34:34 GMT
On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, sameer wrote:

> 	I think you should have two different UserDir directives
> rather than this potentially confusing setup. My proposal:

I don't think it's confusing. I think using the same directive for them
all makes a lot of sense.

> UserPath /usr/local/www/%s

Now wait a minute... this isn't printf. In my email I said "%" and I mean
"%". I see no reason for the s.

> 	As you can see, the behavior of the two UserPath directives
> above are identical, from a code point of view.

Yes, but there is a question of idiot-proofing, and just in general
making things simple for the end user. It's a very little extra bit of
code to use, and many people *will* type in

UserDir /usr/local/www

and expect it to work as I've outlined.