httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "REMOTE_USER env. var. isn't passed to cgi program" on HPUX (fwd)
Date Mon, 27 Nov 1995 17:28:16 GMT

> bug in mod_auth_msql ??
>
> this works find with mod_auth_dbm
>
> > Submitter: buytaert@imec.be
> > Operating system: HPUX, version: A.09.05
> >
> > Symptoms:
> > --
> > I use mod_auth_msql and this works fine. Normally, one can use
> > the REMOTE_USER env. var. to get at the username, in a CGI
> > script. This env. var. is always 0. I checked the add_common_vars
> > function where it gets set. The conn_rec->user is empty.
> > It seems that in copying the request_rec somewhere, the conn_rec
> > or the conn_rec->user is missed.
> > (I added the REMOTE_USER "manually" in the add_common_var function
> > and then it is passed to the CGI program.)
> > --

What versions of mod_auth_msql are out ? I created two of
them; one for 0.8.x and one for 1.0. Did someone else create
one as well ? Neither of those does give the above problems
an the HPUX, sun or solaris boxes I have access to.

Dw.

http://me-www.jrc.it/~dirkx                 http://ewse.ceo.org
DWvGulik@Dialis.xs4all.nl                  Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 1322                                 +39 332 78 9549
                                            fax +39 332 78 9185

ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy