httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "file transfer" on Linux
Date Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:19:59 GMT

> At 08:59 AM 11/27/95 MST, you wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone seen this problem?  I tried it, with 3.4 MB file, and it
> >> worked fine.  No ack sent yet.
> >
> >Timeout ?
>
> That's what it sounds like, but he says it only happens with apache.
> The same timeout values are working for NCSA.

NCSA timeout for send is (or was) reset after every successful send, so
Timeout there defines a maximum time which a block of output can take
to be sent.

With Apache (AFAIK), the Timeout is a "you have N seconds to send the lot"
value. So even if the transmission is slow but steady, the clock is always
counting down to zero.

The NCSA/Apache 0.6 approach is better IMO.