httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "file transfer" on Linux
Date Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:03:09 GMT

> This is probably because (flame on) Apache does not support slow clients
> such as modems or the Internet. There is a time limit on how long a
> request can take; exceed the limit, and Apache kills your request.

One of the things I plan to look at (if I ever get time) is an
extension to Timeout.

I'd like to see separate Timeout values for,

  a) reading the first line of the request
       (there's no point waiting ages for this)
  b) reading the rest of the request

  c) how long to wait for a script to respond

  d) how long to wait for a block of output to be sent

some of these may well conflict, but it's worth futher investigation.