httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: http://www.apache.org/images/apache_pb_1.0.gif
Date Fri, 24 Nov 1995 09:32:10 GMT
> From owner-new-httpd@hyperreal.com Thu Nov 23 22:39:47 1995
> Date: Thu, 23 Nov 95 21:09:55 GMT
> From: Andrew Wilson <andrew@tees.elsevier.co.uk>
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Subject: Re: http://www.apache.org/images/apache_pb_1.0.gif
>

> > % Head www.netcraft.co.uk

> > Oh, you mean it's embarassing to have to admit to being way behind
> > the times?   :-)
> > You can pretend to be running 1.0 if you want.
> >
> > I think you're trying to protect the lazy here.
>
> Mmm, I'm trying to stop people from having to editing their damned
> homepages.  It's a non issue, it's clearly less hassle if we update the
> graphic without changing its name.  But short lives and this issue do
> not sit well together so...

diff for srm.conf-dist. And if you are serious you could even compile
it in as magic :-))

*** srm.conf    Fri Nov 24 10:27:49 1995
--- srm.conf-dist       Thu Nov 23 19:02:45 1995
*** 118,124 ****
  # Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The format is
  # Alias fakename realname

- Alias /apache_driven.gif /apache_pb_1.0.gif
  Alias /icons/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/icons/

  # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
--- 118,123 ----