httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Garey Smiley)
Subject OS/2 Notes.
Date Sun, 19 Nov 1995 11:45:55 GMT
Hi All,
	How about looking over the following comments.

Add "htm" to "text/html" in the default mime.types. May OS/2 users are
using Apache to replace a product called OS2HTTPD (a port of NCSA 1.3)
that defaulted to requiring "htm" extension not "html."

Add some links from the Apache home pages to the Apache for OS/2 pages
( Just to let people know the OS/2
version exists. If you get a chance please take a look at these pages
and let me know what you think.

Come up with some default documents to distribute with Apache. This
way beginners will have some documents to startout with and when we
are trying to diagnose their problems we know they have valid html
files. The documentation at would be an easy solution.

If and/or when we start working on forms and scripts to automate the
configuration of Apache write the scripts in perl. OS/2 has ports of
both perl 4 and 5. I would also like to volunteer to work on this.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
(216)848-1312 FAX/Data(216)699-4474

View raw message