httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: another idea
Date Sat, 18 Nov 1995 23:31:25 GMT

> /*
>  * "Re: another idea" by sameer <sameer@c2.org>
>  *    written Sat, 18 Nov 1995 14:25:38 -0800 (PST)
>  *
>  **  Hmm, HTTPS would seem logical. What does netsite set it to?
>  * 	I beleive it only sets it to yes/no or something like that.
>  *
>  */
>
> Close. It's "ON" or "OFF". Netsite also provides the size of the
> stream key as HTTPS_KEYSIZE, and the size of the secret part of the
> stream key as HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE. Both are integers.
>
> --Rob

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that checking for the presence of HTTPS,
rather than the value, is erroneous?

Of course, in the case of Apache-SSL, HTTPS_KEYSIZE == HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE,
at least, before its been through the US export mangler :-)

Wouldn't an HTTPS_VERSION (and perhaps HTTPS_FLAVOUR) be good, too?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.