httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: SOMAXCONN
Date Thu, 16 Nov 1995 18:27:42 GMT
> Is there a document anywhere that describes how to change
> SOMAXCONN under SunOs?
>
> We changed the define in   /usr/sys/sys/socket.h  and recompiled
> the kernel, but it didn't seem to have an affect. The sys-admin
> did a grep for that string in the sources that he had and it didn't
> appear to be referenced anywhere.
>
> Someone else said that it might be possible to edit the kernel
> binary to up the number, but that sounds dangerous as it isn't
> obvious if resources are allocated at compile time or dynamically.
>
> Anyone have any info on this?

Hmm, I'll have to pass on this one; but if I recall correctly there
was a problem with that; for some reason SOMAXCONN does *not* correspond
with the real SOMAXCONN as they appeared to have different names.

Check out that page from the guy of the virtual museum paris, he
had a lengthy tract on it; He is called Stefane Borzmeyer or something.
http://www.cnam.fr/personnes/bortzmeyer??? There is also a sun paper on
it; but my port-80 connections are down for the next few hours.

Dw.