httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: "NULL" requests...
Date Wed, 15 Nov 1995 20:36:24 GMT
> I can't imagine how this particular bug could have caused a server
> meltdown... it causes the wrong request_rec to get logged, but I can't
> see how it could create *multiple* log file entries from a single bogus
> transaction, and you said you had thousands of 'em.

I see the same here. There are often several tens of them; nicely groupwd, and
all with a corrospoinging out of memory error in the error log. However I have
not had a server meltdown on exactly that.... that comes later.. when memory
gets *really* thight.

Dw.

--
http://me-www.jrc.it/~dirkx                 http://ewse.ceo.org
DWvGulik@Dialis.xs4all.nl                  Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it

ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy