httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@tees.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: commercial support for apache
Date Wed, 08 Nov 1995 08:53:00 GMT
> On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Aram W. Mirzadeh wrote:
> > Don't we need to be a legal party to be able to do this though?
>
> I don't see why....

There's NO reason whatsoever why the persons involved in the support of
a product need to be the same people who coordinate it's development.
My Dad could read up on Apache, set up a company and quite legitimately
sell support for that product without need to refer back to The Apache
Group (or whatever) at any time.

If a company is offering support for a product then that company would
very probably need some kind of legal basis (board of directors, tax
number or some similar foo), but it wouldn't follow that Apache Group
would need any kind of legal basis.

> 	Brian

Ay.