httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: local redirects
Date Fri, 03 Nov 1995 10:28:30 GMT

> Rob, I'll say it again.  Your original asis code did *not* do internal
> redirects under any circumstances.  Check the code and see for yourself.
> You are requesting a new feature, and a fairly dubious one at that.
> -1 until after 1.0.

Okay, if that's the case. I don't have time to check. Put it on a list
of things you'd expect Apache to do but doesn't yet.

Just had a nasty experience with the server at Cardiff. The error log was
filling with a permission denied responses (bogus) from one site in
Belgium. The error log grew to 150Mb and took out the server due to
lack of disk space for other requests. I shut it down for 10 seconds and
restarted and the problem disappeared.

Either Apache stuck itselef in an infinte loop, or the Belgian client
wouldn't take no for an answer. The "requests" were logged so rapidly that
I'd err on the side of an Apache infinite loop. Either way it was
a disasterous failure.

rob