httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Apache slowness (was Re: fairy nuff)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 1995 20:50:30 GMT
Jeremie Miller liltingly intones:

> >Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> >> 100 - 200   wow, now there's confidence for you.
> >>
> >> If things start breaking, the usual reaction is
> >> to push MaxRequestsPerChild down  :-)
> >>
> >Real confidence is running it at 0 as we have done here normally for
> >BSDI 2.x. 8^) I currently have it at 1000, as 100 was not letting me
> >clearly see if apache resident sizes were growing unusually. Jeremie's
> >hit rates should let him get by with 100 or so. 100 here seemed to make
> >the syndrome disappear.
>
> The workaround for us is simply to use 0.8.14, which we have no problems
> with.  Our current MaxRequestsPerChild is 30, sound reasonable?

If you're at 30, stay there for now. And stay with 0.8.14, I'd say.
I assume you were also running MaxRequestsPerChild at 30 for 1.0.0.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
	Civilization?
Gandhi:	I think it would be a good idea.