httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Sanders <sand...@bsdi.com>
Subject Re: fairy nuff
Date Wed, 29 Nov 1995 21:39:50 GMT
Rob Hartill writes:
> Nobody supported my suggestion to move 1.0 online today. So it's
> business as usual.
> Wake me up when you decide to do something,

I think the Apache Group should change the model for release
management.  The group consensus thing just isn't very efficient.

There should be two or three of the most active people responsible
for the release.  Those people should take input from the
group and then make the call on when and what to release.

For major issues, someone could do a call for votes -- but any call
for votes should have an explicit expiration date and time.

Also, there should be an Apache Release Status web page that tells the
group the current status, issues, and what they need to be working on.