httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Long Pauses" on BSDI (fwd)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 1995 01:08:34 GMT
There was a recent discussion on the bsdi-users list about machines going
net.deaf.dumb.blind from the syslogd queues getting filled because no
destination was defined for some facility/level trying to log. Possible?

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> > I've seen name service problems do this also.  Can you have him turn
> > off reverse DNS for his log?
>
> I think we established they were already off and that the problem
> appears to have been introduced somewhere between 0.8.14 and 0.8.16
>
> Maybe the only thing to do is try .15 and then add/remove patches
> until the problem goes away.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
... the MYSTERIANS are in here with my CORDUROY SOAP DISH!!