httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <>
Subject Re: Vote on 1.0.0
Date Mon, 27 Nov 1995 15:41:04 GMT
At 08:52 AM 11/27/95 -0500, you wrote:
>Another '+1' vote on releasing 1.0.0...
>It's (well, whatever 1.0.0x version I last snagged) been running on various
>A/UX servers here with nary a hiccup or cough.
>How about if we all agree on _which_ source is the "official" 1.0.0
>source, freeze it and then run it/compile it/upload binaries. It wouldn't
>look too good if the binaries differed from the official release even

+1 As well to releasing 1.0.

I was wondering why we're releasing the binaries with the source?
If someone can compile then they don't need the binary, and if
they have the binary they don't need the source.   I think we should
just create a bunch of binaries and name then the gnu way.

or whatever it is supposed to look like.

Aram W. Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corporation,
Apache httpd server team

View raw message