httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: binary build question
Date Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:09:00 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> What do people feel about this addition to the document about binary
> builds:
>
> <B>Compiling:</B> The GNU C compiler (gcc) should be used whenever possible,
> and with the -g flag set, so that we can ask people using binaries to provide
> a backtrace if a coredump occurs.

Seems to me that users who lack the utilities (or effort) to compile Apache
themselves will either lack the utilities to backtrace the core or
lack the desire (or knowledge) to do so...

It would be nice, but I would prefer having the binaries as tight as
possible.
--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   | "Stwike him Centuwian, vewy woughwy!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |                - Pontius Piwate