httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: another idea
Date Sun, 19 Nov 1995 22:30:53 GMT

> (The thing I do wonder about wrt the Netscape API is how easy it is to
> *configure* an extension --- including per-directory configuration,
> where applicable.  That's not to say that it's easier with Apache,
> just that I simply don't know).

	It's not all that difficult. You just use the <Directory>
directives, and put the API functions you want to use within that
directory, and they are used only in those dirs but not others.

	I *beleive* that there is a problem with the wildcard matching
in the directory directive, but I haven't looked at it in depth
personally. (if you have two sets of per-dir configuration sets,
/usr/docs/set1/* and /usr/docs/set1/sub/* the stuff within
/usr/docs/set1/sub* matches /usr/docs/set1/* and the /usr/docs/set1/*
configuriaton applies not the /usr/docs/set1/sub/* stuff... again, I'm
not completely familiar with this problem, but that seems to be the
case.)

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734