httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: another idea
Date Sun, 19 Nov 1995 22:15:28 GMT
  C) Has an easier to use API (not that the netscape API is less powerful, but
  the netscape docs make it difficult to learn the API, but the apache
  source makes it real easy to learn the API.)

I guess it's "be fair to Netscape, folx" time again... the Netscape
server may not ship with full source, but they do supply some NSAPI
loggers, etc., which are intended to be used as examples; you can also
find a few in the server tech notes section on the Netscape web site.
Granted, learning the Netscape API from the docs would be tough, but
the docs aren't all you have.

(The thing I do wonder about wrt the Netscape API is how easy it is to
*configure* an extension --- including per-directory configuration,
where applicable.  That's not to say that it's easier with Apache,
just that I simply don't know).

rst