httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject another idea
Date Sat, 18 Nov 1995 18:42:57 GMT
	The netsite commerce server sets the environment variable
"HTTPS" when someone has an SSL connection. I think it would be a good
idea to do that for apache/ssl. (On my site both the SSL and the
non-SSL servers serve the same document set, but I want some CGIs to
only be run through the SSL server, so theyy can do a check for the
existence of that environment variable.)

	What would be an appropriate name for the environment
variable? And -- I'm not too familiar with how environment variables
get passed to scripts that get run-- how do I set the variable in a
module so that it gets passed to CGI, SSI, etc?

thanks,
--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734