httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: local redirects
Date Wed, 01 Nov 1995 20:08:28 GMT
I can't duplicate the problem.  The two-line script included below
works properly for me (i.e., does the redirect internally) --- note
it is just the line you gave, with a slightly different URL, and a
#! trigger line.

NB if you really are redirection to "/Announce", and that's a
directory, you will get a redirect to "/Announce/", but that's got
nothing to do with CGI; it's just the usual redirect to append the
'/', to get relative URLs in the directory listings right.  If that's
what's happening, you should try redirecting to "/Announce/"
directly...

The script:

#! /usr/local/bin/perl
print "Location: /xperimental/foo.txt\r\n\r\n"