httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: # in file names...
Date Tue, 03 Oct 1995 11:11:00 GMT
> Maybe so, however, I see no reason to leave these characters unescaped. It
> only improves the system ever so slightly, and may break later when Apache
> supports new semantics.

Which is exactly why I think that unescape_uri should be quite specific
to http paths. Any other behaviour is pretty much guaranteed to be wrong
for other semantics; it's hopeless to try and second guess future
developments.

I missed off / from the list of acceptable characters, BTW.
Remove & from the list if you like; but don't document this routine as
somehow being a 'general URI encoding routine'.

 David.