httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Freilich <rfrei...@vertex.tor.hookup.net>
Subject Re: Man page for httpd
Date Fri, 20 Oct 1995 17:50:24 GMT

This may or may not be the proper forum for this question, and if not, I
apologize, however I don't know where else to send this to, so I figured
here might work.

Apache 0.8.14 has a bug which I encountered that I have yet to see a fix
for, and I figured you may want to know before going ahead with an
official release.

the .htaccess authorization doesn't work the way it did in previous
(0.6.5) versions.

The difference is with the .htgroup files, in that in the past the
following was acceptable:

group1: user1
group1: user2
group1: usern

where as now, only

group1: user1 user2 usern

is acceptable.

This doesn't work when n=5000+ users, as the daemon just spins forever
trying to authenticate the user.

Any fixes/patches available or in the works?

Thanks,

Richard