httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: FYI: MasterCard Secure Electronic Payment Protocol
Date Fri, 27 Oct 1995 05:51:10 GMT
On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > MasterCard's Secure Electronic Payment Protocol is now available on the WWW at
> > http://www.mastercard.com/Sepp/sepptoc.htm (without the `l').
>
> This is the fastest US site I've ever come across - downloads so fast that
> Netscape couldn't get the sums right (they appeared to be the full bandwidth
> of my link). Could this be anything to do with the fact that the route from
> me to them never goes anywhere near MCI?

Could be... though my experience has shown that while MCI doesn't have the
greatest Internet backbone connections in existence, when compared with
SprintLink's, they're more perfect than God. But that's another topic,
Mastercard doesn't apper to be involved with either.

At any rate, I wouldn't attribute the speed you're getting to their
network connection. No, it's obviously the fact that they're running NCSA
httpd 1.3.