httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ga...@main.slink.com (Garey Smiley)
Subject Re: Votes so far
Date Fri, 27 Oct 1995 20:58:05 GMT
On Fri, 27 Oct 1995 18:46:12 -0400 you wrote:

>Votes on the patches currently up for it:
>
>-1 28_os2port.0.8.14.patch --- Sorry, Garey, but I really would prefer
>   to see this put off until after 1.0 (which will, hopefully, *be* the
>   result of this vote, once we've put it through a decent tryout).
>   Unlike the QNX stuff, this goes past header files and hits a sizable
>   amount of code.
>
>   In fact, the best course of action might be to wait for a stable 1.0,
>   and then integrate the EMX based OS/2 port quickly into that, resulting
>   in a plausible OS/2 Apache 1.0 release, while at the same time
>   adding it to the (increasingly unstable, one expects) Unix development
>   tree for further work.

It was never my intention that my patch be considered for 1.0. I
posted mostly so everyone that wanted could actually see what I had
done and how. Serveral people seemed to discount my patches without
actually seeing them. My hope was that once the real code was seen
they might be more open to it.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com