httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ga...@main.slink.com (Garey Smiley)
Subject Re: 1.oh
Date Tue, 24 Oct 1995 17:36:14 GMT
On Tue, 24 Oct 1995 16:16:13 -0400 you wrote:

>>  +1 add the 2 showstopper patches, create 1.0, install, release following day
>
>-1.  I don't believe there's general agreement about which of the current
>patches *are* the two showstoppers --- the svr4 patch is the only one of
>the current batch which seems that way to me.
>
>And why the rush?  Another day more or less won't make much of a difference,
>except if some hastily tossed-in, half-tested patch introduces a nasty bug
>in 1.0 which *wasn't* present in any beta --- that could hurt us badly, and
>it's worth taking a little extra time to avoid.
>
>If we're going to be doing binary releases anyway, those will probably take
>a few days to throw together; at the *very* least, we should be running the
>release candidate ourselves to try and make sure there isn't anything
>unexpectedly nasty about it.  If we can put it up as 0.8.16 as well, and get
>at least a little public testing, so much the better.  But releasing 1.0
>tomorrow is *way* too hasty.

-1 on such a quick release. I also think we should do a 0.8.16,
internal to developers only, and put a freeze on all patches except to
fix something broken from 0.8.15 to 0.8.16. Let 0.8.16 live for 3-5
days, while we get binaries collected, than then relabel it 1.0

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com
http://www.slink.com/