httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: precompiled Apache
Date Tue, 24 Oct 1995 14:53:50 GMT

> Has anyone given any thought to how precompiled versions will
> be packaged? Will
> they include the whole lot + httpd, or what?

To avoid hassle, i'd recommend providing 1.0 binaries in addition
to the source. User of the binary would then need to get the source too,
but that's only kept in one place.

It could be very useful to mark the precompiled binaries in the
server name , e.g.  Apache1.0(precompiled)  or Apache1.0(bin) or ..

When dealing with brain dead users, we can see immediately that it's
a binary from us and thus eliminate any compile time problems when
trying to trace the problem.