httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: 1.0 plans
Date Fri, 20 Oct 1995 15:49:40 GMT

> > > David's svr4 patch is a showstopper for some OSs, like newer UnixWare, so
> > > I'd suggest including that, anyway.
> > >
> > > +1 with that stipulation.
> >
> > The same applies to the QNX patch.
>
> If it's a showstopper, then the comments to describe it fail to convey that...

> Comments: This patch also removes some redundant headers (not gratuitously,
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>         they had to go on QNX anyway, and were already included in some other
>         local header). It also adds a debugging convenience; SIGSEGV and SIGBUS
>                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>         are not caught when in debug mode (-X flag). This makes running under
>         some debuggers better.
>

> Those statements don't suggest any kind of urgency.
> I suppose the "This patch also" is the key phrase there.

Also the "Comments:" as opposed to "Changelog:". Though whether there is any
justification for splitting comments from change logs is another question.

> Can you strip it down to just a patch for a QNX port? and leave the
> rest for another day.

I can certainly leave the rest for another day, the rest being only the
debugging change - the headers need something done to them, and flagging them
out for QNX seems pointless when they are redundant. They should just be
removed, no?

This patch is a showstopper for QNX in that you cannot compile on QNX without
it.

The debugging change is nice under both QNX and SCO - QNX is completely
unable to do a stack backtrace from a caught signal, and SCO skips up the
stack to the innermost call.

> rob

Cheers,

Ben.