httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: SSL/Apache
Date Tue, 17 Oct 1995 14:29:14 GMT

> I may be being overly cautious, but the mere existence of these sites proves
> nothing about the legality of them. Rumour has it that South Africa is safe.
> Is export from the UK to SA safe?

I thought your long lost cousin (of the same name), living in South
Africa, wrote the code you are now looking at, no?
I hear he's difficult to trace. Damn shame that.

Shall I enquire with my SA contact if your cousin can put his code on
a FTP/www site there?

n.b. changes made to Apache should not be "hooks". They should be clearly
labeled as something else, which of course they are.

> I must add that I think the whole situation is completely stupid, but the
> stakes, it seems, are high. I do not want to risk even appearing in court, let
> alone 20 years in some prison, which would not seem an implausible penalty,
> should the full force of the law descend.

If you knife a couple of people to death first, you'll be ok.

now what's the penalty for aiding and abetting?

rob