httpd-dev mailing list archives

From efr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Beth Frank)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "REMOTE_USER env variable not filled in" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 13 Oct 1995 19:20:35 GMT
We (NCSA) get this one alot.  The most likely causes of the problem are:

	1. Limited the wrong method (eg. limit get, instead of limit post
		or vice versa)

	2. The .htaccess file is not readable by the server USER.

	3. The .htpasswd file is not readable by the server USER.

	-Beth

Note: I cc'ed rm@theinternet.com on this message.

--
		Elizabeth(Beth) Frank