httpd-dev mailing list archives

From efr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Beth Frank)
Subject Re: netscape beta
Date Mon, 09 Oct 1995 15:56:43 GMT

> On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Max Levchin wrote:
<snip>
> * It sends Connection: Keep-alive. However, I have no clue if it supports
> it. Is there any way to test this? At any rate, this seems to have become
> a de facto standard as of late, so maybe we should be supporting it.

I believe the Navigator supports the same protocol we (NCSA, Mosaic & HTTPd)
and Spyglass do.  We've been pushing this as more server friendly than the
multiple connection approach that is also very popular.

> * It sends a Host: header with every transaction. This is a good thing.
> As I understand it, future versions of NCSA Mosaic will also send such a
> thing. As I further understand it, future versions of NCSA httpd will
> support receiving such a thing. I would submit Apache should be supporting
> such a thing as well. Like virtual hosts. But different.
<snip>
> --/ Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> /--------/ Lefler on IRC

Brandon managed to get the host support in the current beta (1.5b6).

	-Beth

--
		Elizabeth(Beth) Frank
		NCSA Server Development Team