httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: netscape beta
Date Sun, 08 Oct 1995 00:33:45 GMT
> Yes. It also sends a Host: header. Someone should note to the http-wg
> that it sends PQDNs and ports (apparently whatever's in between the first
> and second /, it seems), but I'm too scared to do so (*smirk*).

Crikey!  What ever happened to "get it right the first time"?
I wonder what happens when they access

(no trailing slash) -- probably a core dump.

I just wish the Navigator crew would spend a little more time talking
(and listening) to the Netsite crew -- for some strange reason all
browser developers (except Bill Perry) read protocol specifications
with beer-bottle glasses.

.....Roy  (or at least that's my polite theory of browser development)

View raw message