httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache won't compile (Irix 5.2)
Date Thu, 05 Oct 1995 13:45:35 GMT
> I saw this on usenet.  Do we have a Irix dude?
>
> <Aram>
>

> In comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix, tmeals@mcs.csuhayward.edu (Tim
> Meals) wrote:
>
> >Apache won't compile under Irix 5.2.  It gets to linking all the object
> >files into httpd, and gives an ld error: "Can't open: /usr/lib/crt1.o
> >(No such file or directory) *** Error code 1 (bu21)"  Is there anyone
> >who is familiar with Irix 5.2 who has sucessfully compiled Apache
> >v0.8.11?  Or for that matter, what object file is ld trying to link that
> >needs crt1.o?  I've look through the /usr/lib directory for anything
> >close ('strings /usr/lib/* | grep crt') and came across nothing.  Any
> >other ideas?
>
> >Thanks,
> >Tim Meals
> >System Administrator
> >Rebis Industrial Workgroup Software

Well, I'm about to become an Irix dude, they took away my Onyx :-(, but, they
replaced it with an Indigo Extreme :->. And, I'm due to run up an Apache server
on an Indie on Monday. So, sometime before Monday, I'll be compiling on Irix.
I suspect that I haven't got 5.2, though. I'll have the lastest, whatever
that is.

Ben.

(Actually, I'm sort of glad about the Onyx, it put out more heat than my
air conditioner could suck out).

A.L. Digital Ltd,
London, England.