httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Apache-SSL license
Date Thu, 26 Oct 1995 21:28:21 GMT
I try to stay out of licensing flames, but what the heck...

What the license actually says, and what we actually purport to require,
is that the Apache name not be used to promote derivative works *without
permission*.  So, it seems to me that the $64,000 question really ought
to be whether anyone here has a problem *giving Ben permission* to use
the Apache name in promoting his derivative work.  If we don't, then
Ben can call it Apache without raising any issues whatever.

FWIW, the name "Apache-SSL" is fine with me.

rst