httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: 1.oh
Date Tue, 24 Oct 1995 20:16:13 GMT
  +1 add the 2 showstopper patches, create 1.0, install, release following day

-1.  I don't believe there's general agreement about which of the current
patches *are* the two showstoppers --- the svr4 patch is the only one of
the current batch which seems that way to me.

And why the rush?  Another day more or less won't make much of a difference,
except if some hastily tossed-in, half-tested patch introduces a nasty bug
in 1.0 which *wasn't* present in any beta --- that could hurt us badly, and
it's worth taking a little extra time to avoid.

If we're going to be doing binary releases anyway, those will probably take
a few days to throw together; at the *very* least, we should be running the
release candidate ourselves to try and make sure there isn't anything
unexpectedly nasty about it.  If we can put it up as 0.8.16 as well, and get
at least a little public testing, so much the better.  But releasing 1.0
tomorrow is *way* too hasty.

rst