httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: more preparation for 1.0
Date Tue, 24 Oct 1995 17:02:02 GMT
At 04:53 PM 10/24/95 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm not sure what Desktop is, but SCO Unix and SCO Open Desktop (all flavours)
>are essentially the same thing. However, there appear to be some old versions
>out there. I've never heard of anyone running them. And, of course, there's the
>new version, Release 5, which I have, but am not running. The relevant command
>on SCO is uname -X, which produces something horrid like this:
>
>System = gonzo
>Node = gonzo
>Release = 3.2v4.2

Geeesh! I have this version on a CD somewhere.... I've had the same
CD for the past 2 years... they never upgraded to anything else?
What's all the hopla then?

>KernelID = 94/02/14
>Machine = Pentium
>BusType = ISA
>Serial = FRO1234567

Hmm... too  bad I don't have the activation key. :)  Ever try demo as the
serial, and demo001 as the activation key?  Works wonders.

>Users = 16-user
>OEM# = 0
>Origin# = 1
>NumCPU = 1
>
>The interesting part being "Release".
>
>BTW, the system which produced this output is sold as "SCO Open Server
>Enterprise Edition 3.0" (did I forget to mention that Open Server is also the
>same as Open Desktop?). Note the correlation between the name and the release
>number (shurely some mishtake? - Ed).

SCO?  Nah... never.

<Aram>