httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Apache Server (fwd)
Date Sun, 15 Oct 1995 21:37:45 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> For any virtual host gurus to ponder...
>
> no ack sent.

This was also brought up by members of the NCSA HTTPd beta test,
and a "fix" is implemented in 1.5b6

If you want configuration compatibility:
basically, we added a keyword to the VirtualHost line

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1 Required>
</VirtualHost>

If anything in this configuration fails, the server exits.

Or

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1 Optional>
</VirtualHost>

Any errors just log warnings.  All other servers should work fine,
behaviour of the error'd host is undefined (I could probably make
it just not exist, but that's not currently what it does, it just
tries to work as well as it can)

If you don't add the keyword, it defaults to Required (backward
compatible).

Kinda a hack, but . . .

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.