httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Operating System Independence
Date Sat, 14 Oct 1995 14:15:36 GMT
[os independance]
> fclose, fflush, fprintf, etc. are replaced (when used on a connection) with
> os_conn_fclose, etc. This can be done in such a way as to have no performance
> impact on the existing system, using #defines.

Mmm, will it be that much of a performance hit to make unix version of
os_conn_printf something like:

int
os_conn_printf( xxx ) {
	printf( xxx );
};

I'm not certain that the performance hit of a layer of indirection and
function calling will be that much of a problem.

> Also, does anyone support/object to the idea of incorporating such changes?

I hate defines.  But I hate warm beer too.

> Ben.

Ay.