httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Votes on current patches
Date Thu, 12 Oct 1995 17:41:50 GMT
At 10:40 AM 10/12/95 MDT, you wrote:

>> I'm not sure we should call it 1.0 either.... at least not right off the bat.
>> We should built 15.  If there are no problems as it goes around then
>> we'll call it 1.0.
>
>As it "goes around" where?

Before it's released.

>Are you suggesting we release something called 0.8.15, wait for a showstopper
>bug them rename it 1.0?
>
>I renamed my verions "1.0candidate", makes me feel much better  ;-)
>
>After "1.0.almost" is built, we'll have a week to test it on all the
>platforms we know have access to.

Same things... I wouldn't just take 0.8.14, patch it ((((20)))) different
patches, and release it as 1.0.  I would feel better if  xxxxx [ whatever
you wanna call it ] is built.... We don't see any major problems, everyone
is happy with it for the mostpart... and then release the sucker as 1.0.

>> After 1.0 is released we can't do as many releases
>> as we have in the past....
>
>says who?  :-)

ME! :)  Noway... we're releaseing a new release every week, that's
crazy, and unstable software.  There is obsolutly no way we can release
patches like that, ESPECIALLY since we're not going to allow
enhancements in to the code.  Something is gonna break something else
along the line.

>> Each release after this should be very carefully monitored,
>
>that implies they aren't now, which isn't the case.

We're also not doing anything new.  Just patching up things.

>> so let's not jump in, if we don't have to.
>
>jump jump jump!    this is not rocket science.

You sure?  I thought we were hyperreal is running on one of those juices
it's famous for?

<Aram>