httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: Votes on current patches
Date Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:14:23 GMT
At 09:34 AM 10/12/95 MDT, you wrote:

>>   I strongly feel there's no need to call this 0.8.15.  Let's make it 1.0,
>>   circle it around a little bit for a few days, and then make an
>>   announcement.
>>
>> I don't like the idea --- if there are last-minute problems with it, it
>> would be awkward to call the fixed version 1.1.  On the other hand, if
>> there aren't any, then it's no trouble at all to change one line in
>> httpd.h for the announcement.  Best to leave the version number at
>> 0.8.15 for what everyone agrees to be a necessary try-out...
>
>I though we were aiming for a Oct 20th release of 1.0

I'm not sure we should call it 1.0 either.... at least not right off the bat.
We should built 15.  If there are no problems as it goes around then
we'll call it 1.0.  After 1.0 is released we can't do as many releases
as we have in the past.... we'll hit 10.0 in a year...  Each release after
this should be very carefully monitored, so let's not jump in, if we don't
have to.

<Aram>