httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: netscape beta
Date Sun, 08 Oct 1995 14:16:54 GMT
Got it, played with it... the mailer interface is cute once you figure
out the counterintuitive things about it.  However, the java support
always makes it dump core when invoked, even after I've put the
file *everywhere* that it's advertised to look.  (In any case, a syscall
trace shows it dying on a segfault before it even tries to open or stat a
file in any of those locations, or to fork off a subprocess --- the only
two forks visible are for the 'ps' and 'netstat' which are part of the
new crypto key generation, and both those processes are unambiguously
dead by the time this gets going).

My last thought was that it might be X server incompatibility (we use
MIT X11, and they might have tested only against OpenWindows).  However,
it doesn't work with OpenWindows either.

If anyone gets an applet to successfully display on the SunOS version,
no matter how trivial, I'd appreciate hearing about it...

(FWIW, the test cases I'm using are the example applets from the Sun
pre-beta SDK docs --- I generally use "hangman" as my example, but I've
tried other, simpler ones and they also bomb out).

View raw message