httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "only a question about HEAD response" on OTHER: (fwd)
Date Fri, 06 Oct 1995 18:47:46 GMT
  It was my understanding that HTTP-EQUIV was a client side function
  (specifically designed for use with servers that don't support the desired
  headers). I could be wrong.

My understanding (based on old HTML-WG traffic) is that it is specifically
intended to direct the server to include new headers on the HTTP response.

I don't believe anyone actually does this (yet), though...

[FYI, I just sent mail explaining this cc:ed to the original requester].

rst