httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@alpha.netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "cannot sighup -1 after moving logs without manually killing children" on OTHER:MachTen (fwd)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 1995 15:22:23 GMT

> ack but no solution sent

killing children" on OTHER:MachTen

> > Submitter: andrew@inweb.co.uk
> > Operating system: OTHER:MachTen, version: 4.0
> > Extra Modules used: all
> > URL exhibiting problem:
> >
> > Symptoms:
> > --
> > Sending a sighup to the process doesn't restart.  Probably a porting problem.  I'd
be grateful for any pointers.

Do the file descriptors get cleared on a HUP, otherwise the HUP'd processes
are still going to write to the original file even though it's been
renamed which might make it look as though they were never restarted since I
guess he's expecting the restarted proceses to write to the new log files.

Need more info of the symptoms, particularly, where are the HUP restart
log messages going.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)