httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <M.J....@bradford.ac.uk>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Core dump when using a DBM groupfile with a bad group line" on OTHER:DG/UX (fwd)
Date Fri, 22 Sep 1995 08:31:42 GMT
> > Submitter: dkopper@dg.net
> key=user value=group    core dumps
> key=user value=:group   works

I've replied to the submitter.  Basically the DBM group patch was designed
to allow the group and password to reside in the same DBM (like what we
use on telescope.org).  So the password DBM ignores everthing after the
first : and the group DBM ignores before the first : and everything after
the second :.

I really should have documented this with Brian's DBM password docs;  I'll
write it up today.

I'll also submit a patch for 0.8.14.  If no :'s exist in key then assume it
is simply   value= group.   This will not affect any existing installations;
the only side-effect being that   value= group:anyother data  will not be
allowed.

Regards,
Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html