httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Apache License (fwd)
Date Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:08:47 GMT

I think Paul has made some excellent points about the license, and
probably has more experience with this than anyone else on the team.  He
knows where our heads are in terms of how we want this server to be used
abd the restrictions we want... if he were to submit a patch on the
license I would probably +1 it.  This should be resolved before a +1.  I
fully support keeping a mention to NCSA and Rob McCool in as well.

As to the legality of the name "Apache Group" - whatever minimal action
can be taken to secure that name, perhaps even trademark it, let's do
it.  I'll probably be the one paying $50/year to get the domain name
anyways, so I'm willing to be one of the "names" on whatever legal
documents need to be there - Organic can be a sponsoring organization if
need be as well.

	Brian