httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David M. Oliver" <>
Subject Re: LICENSE mark III
Date Fri, 22 Sep 1995 20:54:49 GMT
On Fri, 22 Sep 1995, Roy Fielding wrote:

> > * This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
> > * individuals on behalf of the Apache Group and was orginally based
> > * on public domain software written at the National Center for
> > * Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
> That's okay on most files, but then someone will have to remember to
> remove it from the non-NCSA based files.

	This would be a pain, yes?

	So replace "was originally based" with "is partially based".
	It seems to me that it is the "spirit of the attribution" that
	is important, so this wording means that not every file
	contained in the distribution {is,is not} attributable to
	NCSA, but the entire work is.

	This minutea (sp?) is delightful.

| David Oliver                          |
| Managing Director-Technology                Newshare Corporation |

View raw message